There are five basic functions of the church as found in scripture: Worship, Discipleship, Ministry, Evangelism, and Fellowship. As with any church, these are key areas of focus which need to be nurtured. We are always working out how our Vision is lived out but feel the following is a great place to start.
1. EXALT the Lord in life….that we will grow stronger through worship. We embrace God in a vibrant,
contagious, and Spirit led worship through multiple contexts and styles.
2. CONNECT the unreached to CHRIST…that we will grow Larger through Evangelism. We intentionally build
and nurture friendships with people who are not followers of Jesus and, through listening, compassion,
caring, action, and prayer, invite them into a relationship with Jesus (Mt. 28:19-20).
3. EQUIP believers in their walk with Christ, to grow Deeper through discipleship. We seek to develop Christ
followers of all generations through age appropriate Biblical teachings, leading to a life-long journey of
obedience to Jesus and multiplying disciples. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
4. DEPLOY each to join His mission in the church and to the nations. We start at home and then work
outward. Our hope is simple, take the Gospel throughout the whole world. (Acts 1:8)
5. ENCOURAGE one another as we extend mercy, grace, and accountability. We seek to accomplish this through intentional fellowship, authentic connections, and meaningful hospitality. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
“In the future, churches that equip christians will eclipse and exist while churches who do not will die.”